|
|

Sunday, February 05, 2006
Thai movies
I love Thai movies. Especially those scary ones.The recent movie I watched was "Flower of the Night."It's scary but stupid at the same time. Just imagine a moment when the scene shocked you but after feeling shock, you laugh at the stupidity of the actions of the ghost.One example was when the ghost which was wrapped in white cloth,like "pochong", suddenly folded into half when the men tried to carry the corpse.Another incident was when the exorcist was supposed to get rid of the ghosts but suddenly ran away because the ghost stab him on his back using a knife.Haha...I thought ghosts have supernatural powers, I never thought they have to resort to using knife to attack human beings...
Another awesome things about Thai movies is that due to the boom in the entertainment industry in Thailand, They have the budget to produce excellent movies. One movie I watched in Thailand(bear in mind that the movie was in Thai and had mo subtitle)was very well done, It's a comedy about 4 maids turned undercover.It's so well directed that even though there's no subtitle, my friends and I were able to understand the movie and able to laugh along with the other locals.
And of course, the horror movie that everyone remembers very well is Nang Nak. It's about Thai Pontianak.I remembered that it ws one of the scariest Asian horror movie after "The Ring".
I realised that Thai movies often portray the social life of Bangkok.Most issues centre on the night life of Bangkok like transverstites, Show girls, pretty boys who aspire to be a woman and in these movies, they make you look at things like you would never expect to. For example, in "Beautiful Boxer", I find myself symphatising with the lead actor who took up boxing to support his family and at the same time to gain favour of his dad who did not like his feminine nature. However, he decides that being a female is what he really wants to be and so he did that. He was the only boxer who puts on make up during matches.Despite being "gurly" he was able to win the championship.Watching this movie, I realised that we shouldn't look down on transverstite but rather understand their motives.It is rather hard to be someone ur not when u aren't that person.
Yeah. I love Thai movies!That's my passion rite now...
x
Fizzzzzz shouted out loud 7:13 PM x
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
|
|